Answer by sptfyr
All rose petals are edible. So are the rose hips. Those are the seed pods that form after the flowers fall. The petals are kind of peppery tasting and go well in salads, potato salad, and meat dishes. Just about anything you would put pepper on. Not sure what the hips taste like, but I hear they are good.
Here are some sites with recipes using roses:
Here is a site with all edible flowers listed.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Can you help me revise a Rose Petal Jam recipe?
- Cooking with Flowers: Sweet and Savory Recipes with Rose Petals, Lilacs, Lavender, and Other Edible Flowers
- Where can I buy rose petal beads?
- Help with my unsuspected harvest of rose hips?
- Who has the best recipe for ethnic candies?